Streaming media from the web is getting excessive reputation on account of quicker and cheaper web availability. And due to the COVID-19 pandemic, use of OTT platforms like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, YouTube has been elevated considerably. It additionally has many advantages over the downloading of media information. Streamed media requires minimal arduous drive area and you may set the visible high quality in keeping with your web velocity.
As we all know that Raspberry Pi is Linux based mostly palm dimension pc and might do all of the duties which a ‘normal’ pc can do. We beforehand used the Raspberry PI to setup a Media server, Mopidy Music Server, Minecraft server, and so on. Immediately we’ll once more use Raspberry Pi to stream Amazon Prime Video utilizing Kodi media participant software program platform. We beforehand put in Kodi on Raspberry Pi to create a Media Server.
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Raspberry Pi TFT 5 inch Show
- Micro SD Card (16 GB)
- USB Optical Mouse
- USB Keyboard
- Energy Adopter for Raspberry Pi
Kodi is an open-source software program media centre, which permits us to entry all types of content material, together with movies and music. We are able to run that content material on any system like TV, laptop computer, telephone, even in our Raspberry Pi. It comes with its personal enticing GUI and it helps some third-party add-ons which we will use for numerous attention-grabbing media streaming functions.
Kodi is a free to make use of software program as it’s distributed beneath license GNU / GPL 2. It was previously known as “XBMC”. We have to set up OSMC OS in our Raspberry Pi with a purpose to avail Kodi options. Let’s discover out what OSMC is, and easy methods to set up it on Raspberry Pi.
OSMC (open supply media centre) is a Linux based mostly open supply working system. OSMC permits media playback from the native community, connected storage, and from the Web. There are numerous media servers for Raspberry Pi which can be utilized for media streaming however due to wealthy options, we now have chosen OSMC for this Raspberry Pi Amazon Prime Video challenge.
After OSMC set up in Raspberry Pi, we will see the interactive Kodi interface within the show and might benefit from the media streaming. It additionally gives easy and easy set up in Raspberry Pi in couple of minutes. Since OSMC runs Kodi, we will additionally add a number of add-ons like Amazon prime video, Netflix, and so on. as per our necessities.
Putting in OSMC in Raspberry Pi
1. Obtain OSMC
To start with obtain OSMC from the official OSMC web site. Obtain the disk pictures for Raspberry Pi from the web site which will be later written into Pi SD card.
2. Write the Disk Pictures into SD Card:
Subsequent, write the downloaded OSMC information into the SD card. For this, you should utilize an software known as “BalenaEtcher” which will be downloaded and put in from right here. Choose the picture file obtain as proven beneath, and SD card because the drive choices. Then click on on Flash to finish the writing course of.
3. Boot Raspberry Pi and Configure OSMC:
After profitable picture writing on SD card, boot the Raspberry Pi for the primary time. Right here we now have to do some configurations which have given beneath:
- Set your Default Language as per desire
- Set your Time Zone
- Set your System Identify
- Ensure SSH is enabled, if not allow it
- Configure your Networking (Wired or Wi-fi). Hook up with your most popular community on this possibility.
- Exit the welcome Menu
4. Get the IP Tackle of Raspberry Pi:
As soon as all of the OSMC configuration is efficiently accomplished, we will now see the OSMC house display screen. Now go to Settings à System Information and word the IP handle of your Raspberry Pi.
5. Join Raspberry Pi via SSH:
Now after all of the configuration is finished, we will now entry the Pi Terminals via SSH. For utilizing SSH, obtain terminal software like Putty. Putty will be downloaded and put in from right here.
Put the IP handle of Raspberry Pi, which we famous earlier, within the place of IP handle as proven within the determine beneath. In my case, the IP handle was 192.168.43.198.
6. Login to OSFC utilizing the Terminal Program:
Now, login the OSFC terminal software utilizing username and password. The default username and password are:
After profitable login, you may see a display screen as proven beneath:
Putting in Amazon Prime in OSMC
1. Obtain Amazon Prime Video Add-on
To put in Amazon Prime, we now have to obtain the Add-on for Amazon prime video. To take action, run the command beneath via putty after profitable login.
2. Set up Amazon prime video
- Swap to Kodi Interface, then go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Add-on browser’ as proven beneath:
- Choose ‘Set up from Zip file”.
- Choose Root filesystem -> house -> osmc -> repository.sandmann79.plugins
- Set up the add-on, go to Settings -> Add-on browser -> Set up from repository -> Sandmann79s Repository
- Choose Video add-ons -> Amazon VOD, choose set up, this can set up Amazon prime video add-on to OSMC.
3. Configure Amazon Prime Video
- For configuring the amazon prime video, go to Settings -> Add-on browser -> my add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> Amazon VOD and Choose Configure. Beneath Basic Tab, change “Playback with” to Enter Stream. If it has been already chosen, then ignore it.
- Beneath Connection Tab, go to Signal In, and login to Amazon Prime Account along with your amazon prime credentials. That’s it, now you may get pleasure from all of your favorite movies or internet sequence with Amazon prime video.
Right here we now have used a 3.5 inch Pi TFT display screen with Raspberry pi however you should utilize HDMI cable to attach it along with your TV to look at it on an enormous display screen.
That is how we will setup Raspberry Pi Amazon Prime Streaming and might watch prime video on Raspberry Pi. An in depth Video is given beneath.